I've been tagged by my friend Sel to write 20 facts about my Disney Life. Interesting task.
Growing up I was a big fan of Disney films, though the only ones I owned were Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, Pocahontas, The Lion King and The Jungle Book. I always wanted to go to Dinseyland, but sadly had a fairly disappointing time when I first went on a school trip when I was 16. Most of that I'd blame on the company.
Sel was saying it's only been the last year or so that she's really gotten into Disneyland, which judging on how many times she's been lately is not a surprise, but I think some of that has rubbed off on me, since I never showed much interest in visiting before.
Back in January was the first time I've visited for more than a day and ever since I've had a strong desire to return. There's just something...magical about walking down Main Street, no matter what the weather or time of day, with the music serenading you.
Anyway, here are my facts.
1) I've only ever been to Disneyland Paris, but would LOVE to visit the American ones.
2) I've been to Disneyland Paris 3 times.
3) My favourite ride is Pirates of the Caribbean. Second, The Haunted Mansion.
4) I am lacking in classic cuddly Disney characters, though I do have a Mickey and a Donald.
5) If I can visit the park during any celebration it would be Halloween.
6) Small confession: I'm not a fan of the classic movies. I tried working my way through them, but I wasn't impressed with Snow White or Pinocchio.
7) My favourite Disney movie is Wreck-it-Ralph.
8) When I went to Disneyland in Jan that was the first time I'd been on any of the roller-coasters. They were both terrifying and exhilarating.
9) My favourite of the ones I tried was probably the Aerosmith Rockin' Rollercoaster.
10) My favourite thing I have ever bought at Disney was my crazy Alice in Wonderland Teapot and mug. It has three spouts!
11) The only ride I've been on every time I've been to Disneyland is...It's a Small World After All. To my shame! (But I'll probably go on it next visit too)
12) It saddens me that I don't remember a lot about my first trip, except it was really hot and my friend and I got rather bored at the end.
13) I must have been living in a bubble when the song 'Let it go' was everywhere because I barely remember hearing it and I've never gotten tired of it.
14) Kingdom Hearts if my favourite game ever. I love visiting all the Disney worlds and seeing all the characters pop up randomly.
15) When I was younger I remember the Disney Stores had all their cuddly toys piled up at the back of the store. I always wanted to dive into them. They don't have them anymore:(
16) So that everyone in our year could afford to go to Disneyland we paid a small amount every month for several months. We kept track in a little purple receipt wallet. I still have it.
17) While I've tried a good deal of the rides at DP, the one I refuse to go on is Tower of Terror. I just can't face to sudden drop.
18) I've only ever stayed in one Disney Hotel (Sequioa Lodge) but if I could stay in any other...it would be the Disney Hotel. It's very fancy and doesn't have the same cosy feel as the Lodge, but just for one night I'd like to try it. And the park is literally at your doorstep.
19) One day I'd love to drive to Disnyeland. It'd be about the same as driving to Scotland.
20) I'm hoping to go back to DP for my birthday next year in May! *crosses fingers*
That was a struggle. I'll tag Dawnwind if she'd like to do it.